Penelope,
These past few days i have been showing of my courage for you and my son. I really cant wait until that day that i get to see you again, hopefuly our son wont have a beard anytime soon.
We have just landed on the land of Polyphemus, the son of Posedian. My men and I went into a cave not knowing what to expect, so we went in and it was empty. So we sat down enjoyed some food and wine and had a great time. We never knew that we were going to encounter a one-eyed beast, but we did. A huge one-eyed monster walked into the cave and saw me and all of my men sitting there drunk. We were all stunned and petrefied of what was going to happen. he threatened that he was going to eat me and my men. I was scared and I didnt know how to stick up for my men, so he went ahead and ate 6 of them. "Cyclops try some wine, here is liquor to wash down your scraps of men" I said timidly (Homer 991). He drank it rapidly and he loved it and wanted more. Before you knew it he was drunk and knocked out. We had to think cleverly and fast of a way to get out. We tried to remove the rock from the door but it wouldnt even budge. Athena gave me the idea to stab the beast in the eye. I took a stick and sharpened it and then stabbed. The beast didnt know what was happening he got up screaming and yelling to Posedian and he opened the door for me and my men to escape without him even knowing. Now I am on the boat trying to get to you.
-Odysseus
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment