Monday, December 3, 2007

Land of the Lotus Eaters

My Dearest Penelope,
I have been thinking about you,my darling, this whole time. I cant wait until that moment where i get to look int o your eyes again. This journey has been brutal. My men and I have been working our hardest to get home to see our loved ones
Right now we are leaving Tunisia. All of my men are tied underneath the benches of the boat right now. There were these Lotus flowers that was like a hallucinogen. he men were acting very foolish and immature when they took it.This plant was very addicting and i couldny get my men to get away from it. They had no self control so i had to take charge."I drove them, all three wailing,to the ships,tied them down under there rowing benches,and called the rest..." (Homer 985). It was very hard but i thought about how badly i wanted to get home and see you so i dragged them off for you.

-Odysseus

No comments: